Sunday, February 1, 2009

I LOVE YOU DADDY!

January 6th .... Dad's 8th year anniversary

I can't believe I have spent 8 years without my sweet daddy! Man I miss him so much, but time sure has flown by. I have graduated from aesthetician and massage therapy programs, gotten married to the most charming, full of life, curious, intelligent guy, lived in a scorpion infested home (if you can even call it a home), brought 2 sweet, angel girls into this world that I know you had a part in and survived a few scary medical complications during and after Kenna's birth, and last but not least picked up and moved my family away, from what I call home, so that Ryan could attend nursing school and pursue his passion.

All along the way I have wished you could be here for all of those big, important, life changing events in my life! I struggled quite a bit after you were gone with my testimony, anger, depression, hurt and lonliness but I knew that was not what you wanted for me. I couldn't understand why Heavenly Father would take my best friend away from me. I didn't know how I was going to go on without having those comforting hugs, daddy/daughter dates, words of encouragement and praise, PPI's, and everything else we had. With the help of the gospel and Heavenly Father and your sweet, amazing wife that stood by me, even when I was being a not-head, and friends and family, I soon realized that was not the path I wanted to take. I didn't want to have that anger in my heart any more. I just thought of how disappointed you probably were with me. I knew that that was one of your biggest fears of leaving me, you didn't want me to hurt.

I am so grateful for the love and support and the strength that I have gained from this experience. I realized that I needed to be grateful that I had such a loving, tender, compassionate father and such a great relationship with him. Even though it was for a short 18 years, some kids don't ever get the chance to have that at all. For that I am grateful! I am also grateful for the close relationship I have gained with Mom and my Heavenly Father!

I now know that I can live without you even though it is sooo hard sometimes and that I miss you tons. I wish you were still here to get to know my Ryan and that my girls could have had another Grandpa! I know you would just love them to pieces! Thank goodness for that wonderful reunion that we get to have in heaven! Thank you for what you have taught me and for being the BEST dad a girl could ask for! I LOVE YOU DADDY!

6 comments:

Caralee said...

You have a great dad Jenyce. It was a privilege to know him.

Amy said...

Oh Jenyce I loved that! I love watching you with your girls- you are such a wonderful mother. I know that your dad would be so proud of you right now. I am so proud of you for overcoming all of the challenges that came with his passing. You are an example of strength to me. Love ya!

Kami Milliron said...

Thanks for stopping by our Blog, it was nice to hear from you. Your Family is gorgeous - but no surprise there : )

I cannot believe it has been 8 years since your Dad passed away. Time is something I am not fond of these days. The hardest part of losing my Dad and my Daughter was knowing that the very next day, life would continue for everyone else. Time is a bitter / sweet thing. I hope it gets easier because right now, it totally sucks.

Thank for saying hi, I hope you and your Family are doing well. I added you to my Friends' List, so don't be a stranger : )

Kami Milliron said...

Oh and what a small world - I went to School to be an Aesthetician too ! I am a stay at home Mom right now, but I did work for a while. Once my Husband is done with School, I hope to start back up.

dani said...

Ok, so I just decided to catch up on you tonight. I loved this post. I know your dad would be so proud of what an amazing mom you are. I am so thankful we have remained friends all these years and I feel like I am the one who has benefited the most. Your parents raised an amazing little girl!

Los Torrientes said...

Wow, Jenyce... that was so sweet. Tiff told me of your cute new posts, so I wanted to check in on my Safford family. So cute, all of it had me laughing. Then I read this and just started to cry. I am so sorry you've had to go through such a sad time loosing your dad and moving on without him in person. It is so touching and reassuring to read your beautiful tribute and testimony. I'm sure he's proud and wishes he could tell you so in person. But, wow, way to drive it straight home to my heart. I love you!