Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Conversations with Abby....

1. Abby likes to pick out her clothes and get herself dressed. We were getting ready for church and she had picked out some tights to wear. Our conversation went like this...

Abby: "Mom, these pink tights match my dress, Right?
Me: "Well, not really because the pink stripe in your dress in Hot Pink"
Abby: Very confused says " Then are these tights Cold Pink?"
Me: With a smile on my face I said "No sis, those are Light Pink"

2. We were in the car driving and I was very happy with how the girls were behaving. So I was telling them how much I liked that.

Me: "It sure makes me happy when you guys are sweet and kind and listen real good! Thank you so much"
Abby: "It sure makes ME happy when you don't scream mommy" :)
Me: "Me too sis! See, when you guys are good then mommy doesn't scream."
Abby: "Oh, maybe we should all just be sweet !"
Me: "What a good idea"
That concept didn't last long.

3. Abby has been asking a lot of questions lately and has become very curious. We have been talking about how we get milk from cows, meet from the deer daddy shoots and bacon from pigs. I was cutting a watermelon and realized I need to plant a garden for more than one reason.

Abby: "Mommy, what animal does a watermelon come from?" :)
Me: I laughed and said "watermelons don't come from animals, they grow in gardens"
I then discussed what else grows in a garden and realized I need to plant a garden so my kids can learn how things grow and also to save money. Probably not, but it was a good thought!

Kids sure are funny, aren't they?

3 comments:

dani said...

that was hilarious about the screaming-too funny!!

Harris Family said...

That is price-less... She cracks me up... I love the pink conversation! Oh abbs your so cute.

Derek & Melanie said...

Hi Jenyce! It's Melanie Crandall Jones. I found your blog through Allysa. Looks like you're doing good. Your girls are so cute.