Thursday, April 2, 2009

Happy 6 Years!

Our 6 year anniversary was on March 27th! I can't believe it has been 6 years....it feels like 20!! I hear if you make it to 7 years, your smooth sailin from there! We're on our way! I can honestly say that I have NEVER doubted my decision to marry Ryan. In fact, many times I find myself feeling very lucky to have married the man of my dreams! I had 2 dreams growing up 1. to be a wife and 2. to be a mom! Both of those have come true thanks to Ryan! This has been such a great 6 years and I look forward to what the future holds! Hopefully not much more schooling(who am I kidding), more money, more kiddos, lots of fun memories, maybe some romantic getaways, fun family vacations, less poundage (food and weight;), lots of good times and hopefully not lots of bad times! Good luck on that, right? Seriously, it is nice to know that I have Ryan by my side for whatever the future holds for us good or bad. I am so glad that Ryan finally came around and realized what he was missing out on...me! We have had so much fun and I blame him for that. He always keeps things interesting and fun! I feel sooo blessed to have such a wonderful, loving, charming husband who adores me and supports me in everything! He is such a great dad to my sweet girls! I love him soooo much and look forward to many more years together!
We had such a blast on our anniversary! I have the best in-laws who so graciously kept our girls over night so we could enjoy each other and remember why we got married. We started the night out at my favorite restaurant that I have probably mentioned many times before, Casa Manana. Then we were off to Gila Idol! Oh yes, it's like American Idol just on a lot smaller scale! The Gila Valley had an Idol concert and it was actually really good! We weren't expecting such a great concert with such great talent! We really enjoyed that. Then we went home and watched the movie "Fireproof" It was a pretty good movie. Cheesy at times, but it had such great messages. It made me take a step back and look at my life. Am I being the kind of wife I should be and am I treating Ryan with respect and being selfless. I know I can do better and be better. Watching this movie made me want to work harder at that. It also made me so grateful for Ryan and the husband that he is. He is by no means perfect, but he tries. I recognize that my actions make a big difference in his actions. If I give 110% then he is more capable of giving 110%. Anyway, enough marriage counseling, I recommend this movie to anyone who hasn't seen it. In the morning we ran a few errands together and walked down main street. We haven't had the chance to see what is down main street so we decided to take a stroll. It was fun to see all the stores and buildings. It kind of felt like Mexico, only a lot cleaner! It was great to just spend time with each other and not get interrupted 100 times. I love you so much Ryan! Thanks for a Fabulous 6 years!

It sure has been fun remembering this beautiful day and ALL that it entailed!


Isn't that HOT!

11 comments:

Autumn said...

Happy Anniversary!
I told Dave that our next Anniversary deserves a night away from the kids. We'll see how that goes. :)

Harris Family said...

Congrats! It is always a happy day when you get the time to remember why you got married. I love the comparison to Mexico!

Tiffani Talks said...

Hmm, you like remembering that wonderful wedding day and "ALL that it entails"? Come on, we all know nothing happened that night because of B.C.

It's so good to hear that you love my brother. He really is fun and crazy. I love that about him. What a fun ride you've had together.

Brad and Whitney said...

Hi Jenyce! I found you on Heather (Pitney) Payne's blog and thought I'd say hi. Congrats on six years! Isn't it crazy how much things change?! It sort of seems like I never really was anything but a mommy and wife.

It was fun seeing you a few months back! Thanks a ton for dinner!! I didn't ever send you a thank you note... whoops. I promise I was thankful though!!

Kaylani said...

Hey Jenyce! LOVING the Breathe! Thanks so much. I haven't tried the other one on Jax yet, but I will.

Caralee said...

Happy Anniversary! We saw Fireproof too...you're right; it has a really good message. I second your recommendation. Thanks again for stopping by last week. I love having you and see you and Dani! I hope you enjoyed your weekend away!

Caralee said...

Jenyce! Happy birthday! I hope that your day was spectacular! I love you.
Caralee

Heath Hales said...

Congratulations Guys! Happy I found you on Lafe and Bryndee's blog. I hope you are loving the Gila Valley it is a quaint place, but I think my Mama Fawn would roll over in her grave over that comparison to Mexico!

Anonymous said...

my dearest chuck, what a treat to find my old bffs blog!yeah i admit i do enjoy reading peoples blogs without having a blog of my own!My chuck is still so funnny!I get a kick out of you! Do you know i lived in thatcher and went to EA once upon a time! How are you liking it there? I think you are great now and forever! Reina

Emryn said...

Things going okay over in the Harris household? Its way over due for a blog post. Hope things are just busy and nothing bad has happened.

abo-bder said...



شركة تنظيف مجالس بالرياض
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالدمام
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالخرج
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالمزاحمية
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالطائف
شركة تنظيف مجالس بابها
شركة تنظيف مجالس بخميس مشيط
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالاحساء
شركة تنظيف مجالس بمكة